Choosing a migration adviser is one of the most important decisions you may have to make, as it can affect the lives of the applicant, as well as any accompanying family, the workplace, etc.
- Knowledge – As a leader of the Australian migration profession, Andrew brings strong technical knowledge to your matter.
- Expertise – Practising almost exclusively in immigration law, Andrew provides tailored immigration solutions to corporate clients, government organisations and utilities, human resource managers, high net worth individuals, business owners, entrepreneurs and individuals.
- Personal Service – We are committed to providing personal, tailored services to you – we have managed the migration affairs of some of our corporate and personal clients for over 20 years. This builds trust and client knowledge.
- Relationship – Andrew understands that successful relationships between Government and clients, particularly for companies, are based on a “win-win” approach. We have a reputation for assisting our clients in achieving this goal.
- Brand – We recognise your reputation has a vital value. Andrew’s commitment to integrity means that your brand and your matters are in a safe pair of hands.
- Support to lawyers and accountants – Andrew works closely with other law firms and accountants to provide a seamless service
- Reputation – A reputation for providing you with practical , realistic, down to earth advice is what we strive for
- Immigration law is amongst the most complex areas of Australian law, requiring an attention to detail
- Andrew holds the highest Australian qualifications in migration law. He is a Fellow of the Migration Institute of Australia and is Accredited as an Immigration Law Specialist by the Law Institute of Victoria. Of the 5000 Australian Registered Migration Agents located globally, approximately 2000 are Immigration Lawyers. Of those 2000 Immigration Lawyers, as at September 2017 there were 88 Accredited Immigration Law Specialists nationally.
Immigration Lawyers have dual regulation. Under State Law, Victorian lawyers are regulated by the Legal Services Board (www.lsb.vic.gov.au/).
Under Federal law, Immigration Lawyers are required to be registered as a Migration Agent. Andrew’s registration commenced in 1992.
Migration Agents are bound by a Code of Conduct. If you wish to view the Code, please email us to send you a copy, or go to the website of the Migration Agent Registration Authority (www.mara.gov.au). You can also view the Code by clicking the following link:
or the following link
What is an Accredited Immigration Lawyer ?
Lawyers in Australia are regulated by State Law. Many State Law Societies operate Specialist Accreditation Schemes to help the public identify lawyers who have demonstrated proficiency in a particular area of law. Accredited Specialists are required to maintain a high level of education and involvement in their areas of specialty by:
To become and maintain status as an Accredited Specialist a lawyer must:
Lawyers who fulfil the requirements of the Scheme are entitled to use, after their name, the words ‘Accredited Specialist’ in the nominated area of practice. Only board certified lawyers/attorneys have the right to identify themselves as “specialists,” “experts,” or “accredited specialist” to indicate their professional qualification and specialised training
Only individual solicitors can be Accredited Specialists, not firms.
As at September 2017, there were 88 Accredited Immigration Law Specialists nationally, with 44 in the State of Victoria. Further details are available here : http://www.liv.asn.au/specialists
Similar specialisation schemes operate in other international jurisdictions using terms such as the Certified Immigration Law Specialist: